Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Feel like I failed

fernforest May 27th, 2023

Hi all.

This week I went to the gym twice and meal prepped...but I still had a really hard time getting to sleep and waking up on time. I was late to work several times. Yesterday, I got so bummed out by feeling hopeless because my Gen z coworker was talking about her wedding all day and I'm still single at 34. I was so bummed that I skipped my social activity and went to sleep immediately without preparing lunch for work today. Since I didn't have lunch at work today, by the time I got home I was so tired and hungry I couldn't work out or even cook dinner. I just took a nap. I feel like I failed and I'm disappointed in myself. Does anyone have advice on how to deal with these kinds of problems? (Getting to sleep, waking up on time, and eating enough so that I have energy to do things that are good for me?)

7motivation May 27th, 2023

@fernforest

Thanks for checking-in here and sharing your story.

Regarding your question:

• Does anyone have advice on how to deal with these kinds of problems?
    (Getting to sleep, waking up on time, and eating enough
    so that I have energy to do things that are good for me?)

There are free Community Growth Paths on sleeping better.

I like the Sleep Better Learning Games path the most.

Learn how to sleep better while playing online video games!

bestVase7265 May 28th, 2023

I am sorry that you had such a rough day. I think that it all starts with forgiveness. You are going to make mistakes sometimes. However, beating yourself up compounds them and then you end up hurting yourself even more.

If you have done things on multiple days and you have failed once, you haven't really failed.

Maybe for those low moments also think in terms of how to care for yourself better. What would going on a walk look like versus going to sleep? Or walking before sleeping? @fernforest