Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

After my therapy session...

floatingalong August 2nd, 2021

Today I changed my therapist. This is my third therapist. They seem fine. I am planning to continue with them. But I am stuck at the main focus of the therapy session.

I don't have anything to look forward to. Right now I am not sad. So this thought doesn't affect me as much. My low mood comes and goes. But during my low mood, this thought leads to existential crisis.

I don't have any goals. It feels like I have already finished living. If I got news right now that I will be dead soon, I will not regret doing or not doing anything.

How do I find a goal?

RarelyCharlie August 2nd, 2021

@floatingalong Reading this, it seems like your goal is not to feel that way, to have things to look forward to, to have no more low moods and existential crises, to feel that your life is not finished yet and there are things you want to do.

It is surprising to me that after a session with this third therapist no goal had become clear from your conversation. And, indeed, no goal had become clear from your previous therapy. Maybe I'm not seeing the whole picture, though.

If you'd ever like to chat about your situation, feel free to click on my profile picture and message me.

Charlie