Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Empty and Alone 😕

Grey27 May 9th, 2021

I’ve struggled with depressive episodes most of my life, but the past six months have been the worst. I can’t seem to pull myself out of it. I spent all my time and energy working toward a career, and now that I have it I just feel completely empty. I let relationships and hobbies pass me by and now I’m just alone with thoughts. I’m filled with regrets and disappointment. Does anyone else ever feel this way or have suggestions?

enriquecimiento May 9th, 2021

That is seriously the story of my life too.

Grey27 OP May 9th, 2021

😔 I’m sorry

midnightsmarie May 9th, 2021

@Grey27

Hi there, Grey ❤️ I'm lumie. I read your post today and I usually don't go out of my way to reply to some since I'm always at a loss of words but I wanted to reply to you here. It's mostly because it highlights something I've thought of for the longest time.

I hear your struggle with depressive episodes, I know how hard they are, how they seem so endless and it's like, there's just no hope, for so long. To hear the past 6 months have been the worst, I just want to say I'm glad you're here, here as in still here and on this site where us, members receive emotional support. Pulling out of a depressive episode, I've tired, it hardly ever works, maybe sometimes we get some fillers that just take up place for it, we forget how bad it gets. That happens.

I can understand the disappointment - to work hard for accomplishing something but having nothing at the end. To try hard and get a job, thinking maybe that would help, it hurts to know that our efforts did work out but not in the way we would've liked. I know it must feel discouraging even, I want you to know that it's okay ❤️ You still pushed through and now even though it's something different than how you were hoping to feel, you made progress.

We often let things pass us by, sometimes it's very unintentional too. It's okay. Being alone with our thoughts is not so nice. I can't really sugarcoat that, ever. But I imagine that since you're here, you may not feel as alone with your thoughts, I hope you don't. At least moving forward.

I understand your emptiness, feelings of regret and disappointment. I know that it must be extremely hard for you right now to hold on to things. I would still like to encourage you to try, maybe look forward to a web series that you like, look forward to the morning when birds chirp, it can be anything. Little things that we often overlook might just end up being a lot more. I know it's easier said than done, I struggle too. But wouldn't it be okay to just try 1% harder each day?

I know this message might not be something you were hoping. I don't really have tips other than trying. I'm a lover, I guess so I've always just tried loving more - life, things, people. They keep me going. It may sound silly, childish even but that's what keeps me going. I hope that you find something that helps you too.

I'm sending you *hugs* and lots of keep-going beams ❤️

Grey27 OP May 9th, 2021

Hi Lumie- thank you for taking the time to write out this response! It’s nice to know someone has had similar experiences. Thank you for your suggestions 💙

easyRaspberries164 May 10th, 2021

Can totally relate. Living that at the moment and having so many regrets. It is a difficult place to be...working hard to achieve something, missing out on "living" and then not finding fulfillment in your achievement. Been looking for answers too. Hopefully it was all not for nothing. I wish you the very best.

Grey27 OP May 10th, 2021

I’m sorry you’re experiencing this too - I know it’s a heavy weight to carry everyday. I think deep down I know it’s all worth it, even if we can’t see it right now. Thank you for sharing and wish you the best too 💙

easyRaspberries164 May 10th, 2021

I agree with you. All that effort must be worth something right?Brighter days ahead 🌞