Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

wanting to be heard

liligrace August 30th, 2015

Hi

I hide out. I feel so much of what others feel. Take on their pain, their joy, Their love.... I feel it. Deep in my being. This is a precarious way to live. It makes life so vulnerable. I empath. This has caused me to live inside my home. I go out to the store. But otherwise I am alone. I have almost no human contact. And when I do, of course I do not ever say how I really feel. People do not want to hear such things. And I do understand and respect that. I want to be liked by the few folks with whom I ocassionally speak on the phone, fb or email. And so I lie.

Lately I have been feeling depths of pain. . But it is exhausting and so isolating. Hard to be so alone with it. I am not a kid. i am older than you may think. Which brings so much shame to this. The failure of it all. I continue to post inspiring and admirable things on facebook. i continue to keep up the front. .But the pain is so profound that it has brought me back here to this forum I used to post in.

Thank you for reading my words. The shame that at my age I still expereince such pain. The isolation. The humiliation for who I am under the mask of unconditional love and wisdom. And what a flimsy mask it is

yzzil August 30th, 2015

@liligrace. I am so very happy you have come back to this place. There is no need to hide who you are here, we accept you just as you are. I have a close friend who is also very empathic. She has trouble spending time with me on occasion because I emote very strongly. I wish for you calm dreams and beautiful skys. Come here often. We love you as you are. Share with us your pain and let us help in anyway we can. 🌺 Write me if you wish. I'd love to chat!

liligrace OP August 31st, 2015

Yzzil I can feel your lovely heart. i am sorry your friend who empaths sometimes cannot be with you. Please know that people who emote a lot are great gifts, Even though it is not the easiest way to be. I know that first hand. Thank you for your beautiful love-ly reply <3

Lemontime20 August 30th, 2015

It is really great that you feel for others, there is a shortage of such people. If you turn on the news and see all the terror organizations and crimes you will know there is a dire need for your type of person. Don't be ashamed. Whatever your age is, no human being has it all figured out except maybe the Dalai Lama? Hahaha. Breathe and give yourself permission to be human. The compassion you give to others, extend some of it to yourself :)

liligrace OP August 31st, 2015

Lemontime,. wise words to extend some of that compassion to myself. Perhaps someday this will be possible. i do hope so. And yes, maybe the Dali Lama has it figured out. And some other extraordinary souls who hold that balance for us all. Again, thank you for your wisdom <3