Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

some related thoughts I have that I can't really share with anyone

MerciIsScreaming May 11th, 2016

So i've been diagnosed with depression/anxiety a couple years ago. I've tried medications and counsling, none of the meds helped, they either made me worse or did absolulty nothing. The counsling isn't really helping either but i'm trying to stick with it and hope that it does help. I've been at what I thought was rock bottom in terms of depression, and then got back up to a somewhat more stable level. But i've felt myself gettting worse over the past few months, and slipping back down thru the levels. I've been tempted to try different meds and hope that they help, but i'm hesitant with that. See, I don't want people to worry about me even if they should, so I fake smile and fake being fine, because I feel like people get tired of my sadness/inabillity to function well. Or at least get tired of me talking about it, even though I don't talk about it often. I don't know what to do really.

Anyway I think thats all I really wanted to share.

scarletLyricist May 11th, 2016

@MerciIsScreaming I'm sorry that you are feeling this way. It sure is a difficult spot to be in.

I think your instinct in sticking with the counseling is a good one. If you are interested in trying new medications, I would talk to your counselor about that. I'm sure they would be more than willing to assist you in discovering what recovery plan is sufficient for you. Please know that counseling does help, but it also does take time. Patience, although sometimes unfortunately, is a key part to the recovery process.

Keep on going! You look great today! *hugs*