Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

misuse of money? suicidal/homocidal patients released

Elinxs27 August 3rd, 2015

So i recently just watched a 60 minute episode on how people admitted into hospitals are released without appropriate permission because insurance companies are attempting to save money by releasing patients who immediately go back to their unhealthy lifestyles (many committed suicide) rather than pay for their fees. Now I'd understand if they were low on income, but they showed this one case where the guy had a computer sign the approval forms twice without looking at the patients actual background (turns out he's pretty wealthy and making plenty of money per month how convenient for him). If someone has a say on this please feel free to comment or if perhaps you can provide insight to why they are allowing patients to go home knowing their mental state and high suicidal tendencies, then also please share, thanks.

losingmymind1074 August 3rd, 2015

The insurance only covers so many days in a hospital. This happened to me. I spent 30 day's in a mental health hospital and was discharged although I tried to slit my wrists the day before. It's really sad that mental health care is based on insurance or how much a person can pay instead of trying to honestly save a life.

Elinxs27 OP August 3rd, 2015

Yeah it was terrible! I felt so bad for all those patients who were only given a limited time of help and I'm sorry that you had to go thrpugh that as well :( such a twisted form of help nowadays.