Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

all it takes is one thing and your back there

CPO2000 December 17th, 2022

so i has been coping, dealing with everything but suddenly this one thing has to happen. my mate wa sin the car driving next to us and he crashed. it was like a movie, swerved and hit someone and they went flying. i think you never really know how to handle the situation untill your in it. it’s broke me, i can’t sleep, when i eat i can’t keep it down. but there’s no one to talk to

sunnyWriting4806 December 17th, 2022

@CPO2000

I'm very sorry that you had to go through such a traumatic and serious event. I'm glad you weren't significantly physically hurt. Trauma like that often takes time and sometimes having someone to talk this with does help. Hoping for the best~

bestVase7265 December 18th, 2022

Give yourself some time and space to work through things. You deserve it after that trauma. @CPO2000

neonCircle8990 December 18th, 2022

@CPO2000 definitely talk to people, and definitely consider seeing a therapist who does ptsd/trauma sometime. The brain protects you by hiding things from you during stuff like that, so sometime when the time is right you might want to work through that. I had a different kind of trauma, but years later it helped to work through and reremember things (e.g the days/weeks after) and realized I had mistakenly blamed myself for things that truly weren’t my fault.

For sleep and time when you want to be alone but are agitated, I’d highly recommend grounding meditation and journaling. For me, laying on the floor and focusing on the sensation of my breath through my body, particularly where it touched the floor helped me feel okay enough to function. When that was too tough (shaking, couldn’t sit still), naming objects in view till I calmed down helped a lot.

When I couldn’t sleep with my mind racing I would get up and journal until I felt sleepy. I think that helped detangle thoughts and maybe calm down enough to decide what I could do about it tomorrow. If anything. Nothing else worked when I was really worked up at night, but I didn’t know about 7cups.

I hope you can find some peace. You’re not alone :)

CPO2000 OP December 18th, 2022

thank you so much. i’ll try what you’ve suggested 100%