Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Why aren’t I enough

purpleBunny9255 June 23rd, 2021

I feel like I’ve been doing everything I possibly can. My work, I’ve been training the new people, I learned to drive all the special equipment, I’ve been covering every vacation and sick day my boss has taken in the past 2 years, but when it comes time to replace my boss I get passed over and my annual raise was half of what it could have been and I’m told I could have done more. My relationship; it’s been 5 years I’ve been there to support him and even bail him out of every money problem from all his expenses going back to school and wanting to start his own business and failing in his business and car repairs, I buy our groceries, I put thought into birthday gifts and holidays for him and his family. I cook our meals and do our laundry. In return i feel like he tries to spend as little time around me as possible we do separate holidays, we go on separate vacations, I tell him I’m having a bad day and all I get is a “that’s nice the weather is great today”. He hasn’t done or gotten me anything for birthday or Christmas or anniversary for 2 years. Then he comes home and starts drinking right away. My family; my dad excepts me to give everything to my little sister (I bought a new refrigerator and couches both got offered up to my sister before I even got them home “she needs them more”) My friends; only seem to call me up when they want something. I just started my own dog training business and a person I haven’t talked to in years called me up want me to train her dog and help her move for a “friends” discount of lunch and drinks to catch up. But what make it worse is I’m made out to be the bad guy when I tell someone no or that I want something different. I’m doing everything I can to be there and do everything and I miss something and I’m ungrateful to these people.

rationalPlum4001 June 23rd, 2021

I'm really sorry about what you're going through. Just know that you are not the bad guy here, and they really need to start treating you better. I'll pray for you, and I hope things get better. God bless you.

purpleBunny9255 OP June 25th, 2021

And now to add to all of that. I got the call today my last and favorite grandparent is in the hospital and not expected to survive the weekend. I feel so alone and trying to cope is getting harder and harder.

cwang70 June 27th, 2021

It is good you even feel like trying to hold onto anything is worth it. These dreams constantly fade again and again. At least you still feel like something matters.