Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

What made you feel empty inside?

GratitudeOverGreed October 4th, 2014

Sharing is caring. Sometimes when we share our pain will make us feel more comfortable and less burden. So share what made you feel empty inside...

Ihearttea October 5th, 2014

When I realized that I wasn't of any value. What i mean is thatI don't have anything special about me to offer. I can't cook andI'm not even smart enough to find an address without getting lost. I can't do the simplest of things. My memory is horrible and pplgive up on me. When I lost my sense of value for my life and I let go of things that mattered I became empty.

whyme11 October 7th, 2014

@ihearttea, did somebody tell you that you werent worth anything? I cant cook either, so youre not alone there. Evidently youre not the only one that cant find your way around or else someone wouldnt have invented the gps, everybody has those. Why do you feel as though you dont matter? Everybody matters!! You need to try and focus on what you are good at, dont focus on what "you dont think youre good at." I bet you would surprise yourself once you put your mind to it. I dont know if youve ever seen the ads, i think they were for some kind of alcohol, I know thats not the best example, but they used a good example of a girl in school that supposedly wasnt the best looking girl in school but turned into a beautiful lady when she was older. That reminds me of what youre talking about that you dont matter to anyone, but once you become more confident and positive youll become "beautiful and matter to those people" then you can tell them to kiss your butt. Dont worry about those people. Become the best you that you can and remember those that were there for you when you didnt feel "that you mattered."

GratitudeOverGreed OP October 9th, 2014

@Ihearttea sorry to hear that. But at least you have share about it here. I hope you are well. You can improve your weakness if you want to. I know you can do it.

CrippledWings October 7th, 2014

When my ex wife admitted to me without warning and signs, that she'd been repeatedly cheating on me for almost the entirety of the ten years we'd been together.

exampligratia October 7th, 2014

I feel empty inside, to this day cos im dishonest.

I live a a fake life. Its not what you think, I lead a pretty OK life. Thing is, deep down I'm a bad person. A sinner, so to speak (everybody has their inner sins but mine are pretty extensive and well-hidden)

to the point that I feel like I'm a different person. I have 2 versions of myself, the best (or at least, better) version of methat people know and "evil me".

My female friends think I'm a respectful, funny and quiet gentleman. My male friends think I'm a patient and intelligent guy. My family thinks I'm a studious, healthy good kid. Etc.

Now, I like the better version of me. I wish that was the only version of me. I feel empty inside because people know the better me. And I'm not always the better me. I'm scared they'll find out the horrible monster I really am. These are great people in my life.

I feel empty cos I'm not me, half of the time. That all probably didn't make any sense, did it?

wonderer October 9th, 2014

@exampligratia...I'm sorry you feel like that. You are a good person. You have to believe that you are that person that everyone sees. I know what it feels like to be 2 different people. It's like you have to put on a face to others. But deep down inside you feel like you aren't that person you portray to others. You feel like the person you really are isn't good enough to show others. But you are that good person. You are what others see. You have to believe that. If you ever want to talk, just send me a message. I'd be happy to talk more ot you.

ak4482 October 10th, 2014

Nobody loves me and nobody will ever want to be with me. But why would anyone want to be with me, I'm stupid, boring, and very shy. I'm useless except to be kicked around and give others a good time at my expense.

whyme11 October 10th, 2014

@ak4482, youre being too hard on yourself. Im also a very shy person who also at times have felt as though im stupid and boring. One time, in high school, i worked up enough nerve to ask a girl i liked out. She was with 3 or 4 friends and made me ask her in front of her friends. They all stood there laughing at me. I was humiliated. After high school, she wanted to go out with me and there was no way i would go out with her. All imtrying to say is to not be so hard on yourself. One way or another you will find the right person that will find you interesting and will be happy with you and not find you boring or stupid. hang in there. You just have to work up the courage to just start a conversation with someone and you never know where it might lead. Maybe get involved with something youre interested in and then you might have an easier time meeting other people.

NobleLion October 10th, 2014

I feel empty the moment I stop doing things to feel happy, the moment I start relying on other people to compliment me just to feel happy. I think I feel empty when I am not doing anything that adds to my life.

October 15th, 2014

I feel empty inside couse I just feel unloved and worthless and nobody will care about until I am dead

whyme11 October 15th, 2014

@FaridaAshry, im sure youre loved by someone. People I think make themselves too busy to show or say that they love someone. I bet a lot of people would be really upset if you were gone. Take a chance and tell someone from your family how much you care for them. I bet you will see that someone really does. Sometimes when youre not feeling the best come to this site and speak with a listener. I will converse with you on here if you like. I dont know you but i would feel bad if you thought nobody truly cared for you and you werent around anymore.

GratitudeOverGreed OP October 21st, 2014

If you say nobody cares about you...here we are who care about you so much! Do talk to us..