Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Trying to Find Myself

mackeesy February 25th, 2019

I wish I was happy like other people seem to be. I have a boyfriend, who is great, but I don't want him to be the only person I have. People never hit me up, it is mostly me who makes an effort. It makes my relationships feel one sided. When people don't respond or if plans fall apart, it makes me feel worthless, like no one cares about me. I put myself out there sometimes but I feel like it mostly ends in failure. I do have some friends but the empty feeling still remains. I wish someone would give me chance. I just want a solid group of people that I can call family.

Marinad February 25th, 2019

@mackeesy

Marinad February 25th, 2019

@mackeesy it is a very important to find myself. i wish you good luck)

flanunu February 27th, 2019

Thank you for sharing this with us, mack. Finding people we can be comfortable with definately takes time and effort; and when one puts less effort into a relationship/friendship than the other, it can, for sure, feel disencouraging. However, it is also worth noting that people socialize very differently. Some may want to communicate less than others, and feel completely okay about it; but that does not necessarily mean they do not value the relationship.

I once found myself feeling this way when I have started college. After graduating high school, I just wasn't sure which social circle I wanted to be in.

I noticed that it sometimes can be helpful to consider being more active in the community (clubs, workshops, camps, etc.), and even on social media. It is surprising how much people out there might be in similar situation as us, and who knows, maybe we can come across people with a lot of similar interests. Meeting new people is a risk I think worth taking once you feel comfortable enough.

mackeesy OP April 6th, 2019

@flanunu Thank you for the advice! I get what you're saying. I'm learning to accept that people care about me even though they show it differently. However, I have joined clubs and nothing seems to really stick.