Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Trapped

Estelle1313 December 7th, 2015

Hello. Im 16 years old and I was before feeling this emotion "hapiness" as it is called. When I was young I lived in a big city and I had very good friends, and even a child bf haha... But then my parents got divorced and my mom dragged me an my sister out of this city to a smalltown.

It was no one in the streets, and if our neighbours heard us sing they would yell at us. I hated it here... I still hate it here. After that we have moved alot but just around this crappy town..

I got depression when I was 13, and anxiety as well.. My only goal in life is to move and never come back. I want to move back to the big city, its the only place I feel I can do everything and that Im truly happy.

I hate my mom because she forced us here...

Now I cry myself to sleep pretty often thinking that I will be trapped here forever...

Cadence December 8th, 2015

@Estelle1313, it seems like it's definitely made you uncomfortable to be so far from home. I understand what that's like completely.

When parents divorce, everything changes. Suddenly you're seeing them apart, suddenly there are fewer meals had together, there's a new house, perhaps a new school, new environment, etc. It's hard to cope with this! Adjustment to new things can be really difficult to handle.

I'm so sorry to hear that you're feeling this way at such a young age. But I have a few questions for you: Do you feel as if it's the town that's making you depressed and feeling uncomfortable, or is it the whole situation at hand? It's normal to want to escape, but do know that you're absolutely not trapped forever; there's hope for a better place, you know? And you'll get there, I know it.

Estelle1313 OP December 8th, 2015

@Cadence

Im used to the divorce and all that. I just miss being with "cool" people. In the big city I don`t have alot of anxiety, I feel free. So many things to do or possibilities.

I get just depressed of that all the years I haven`t lived in the big city I will never get back, and that I will be stuck here forever...

creativeMelon1653 December 8th, 2015

I'm older than you and I feel the same. I've been stuck in my crappy town since my father had to transfer from work. My mother likes it here, I don't know why. I'm sorry I can't help you, but you're not alone in this feeling.

Estelle1313 OP December 8th, 2015

@creativeMelon1653

Thanks, but since you are older, cant you easier move out?

creativeMelon1653 December 8th, 2015

If I had the money, I would have years ago. Now, my only hope is teaching English in another country. So I'm taking that shot.