Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Struggling

jessbess913 March 16th, 2023

Since finding out I am not able to have children thanks to my first serious relationship, I have been beating myself up. One of my bipolar meds made me start to gain weight and now birth control due to not being allowed to get pregnant has made me feel bad about myself and it has brought along a lot of emotions from the past as well. I feel like I’m stupid for dealing with my ex as long as I did, and that I am less of a woman because of my infertility. I’m struggling with positive self image and self love, but I’m pushing and I’m trying. Because as tattooed on my chest, “in time, this too shall pass”

Mya000 March 18th, 2023

@jessbess913 Hi, I'm sorry to hear that you're going through such a difficult time. Dealing with infertility can be a complex and emotional experience, and it's understandable that you're feeling a range of emotions about it. It's important to remember that infertility does not define you as a woman. You are still worthy and deserving of love and respect, regardless of your ability to have children.

It's also important to acknowledge that the weight gain and medication side effects you're experiencing are not your fault. It's understandable to feel frustrated and disappointed, but try to be kind to yourself and remember that you're doing the best you can with the situation you've been dealt.

It's great to hear that you're working on positive self-image and self-love. Remember that this is a journey, and it's okay to take things one step at a time. Consider seeking support from a therapist or support group who can help you work through your feelings and develop strategies for building a positive self-image.

The tattoo on your chest is a powerful reminder that difficult times will eventually pass. Remember to hold onto hope and focus on the things that bring you joy and fulfilment in life. You are strong and capable, and you will get through this ❤️

bestVase7265 March 19th, 2023

It can be really hard to deal with all of that if you are beating yourself up for something that isn't your fault. You didn't make yourself bipolar.

But I can see that you are already starting to move past it because you can see that you don't want to just keep reliving the past. That is excellent! Go you.

Feel free to comment here any time that you want. @jessbess913