Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

So... my 20 years old Grey parrot died today...

PerfectSalah September 8th, 2019

Hey everyone!

I wanted to talk about my grey parrot as im starting to feel a little down about it...

First of all , My name is Salah and im 22 years old from Bahrain... I had this grey parrot since i was 2 years old and we raised him from a baby to adult..

Today , I came back from work at 6 AM.. went to my room and settled down.... Just to hear a strong bang 5 minutes after. So i went out to check whats going on.. only to find the bird barely alive and hardly resisting to live.. so i opened the cage door instantly and started touching her back... she was almost paralyzed and unable to move.. just glaring at me while she is on her feed shaking :(

Sadly , there was no vet available at 6 AM..... whats more sad is that she was completely absolutely healthy and fine a day ago , it all happened just at once :(

I would like to say that i am a person with a very strong heart , almost cruel because of how strong it is.. i dont mourn or feel sad on anything as theres hardly anything that makes me sad at all.. i also feel so pissed whenever something makes me sad as i dont like to be broken.. but even though i am strong i feel the depression is knocking on the door of my heart , asking for permission enter :/

Thank you guys for reading , i love you all and thank you for being supportive ❤❤

billycasper01 September 8th, 2019

@PerfectSalah

I am 23 years old. I was born in Bahrain. Billy is just my Internet name. I am a Muslim. I lived in bahrain with my family for 7 years after my birth. Then we moved to Pakistan and ever since, I'm here. I really really miss Bahrain. Because it is the place where I opened my eyes first. My home used to be in Muharraq near the triangular park. I would love to hear from you about how Bahrain is today.

By the way, I am really sad for your Parrot. I literally can feel you. I purchased a medium aquarium last year. Being a beginner, I have lost many fish ever since. Now I am numb to their deaths. It's sad. The first time my fish died, purchasing new ones really helped. It's hard to move on in the beginning, but the new creature really helps you in moving on by its uniqueness, new looks and habits.

PerfectSalah OP September 8th, 2019

@billycasper01 hey , Thank you for taking your time to comment on my post...

About getting another pet... i dont believe it helps you in a way that you think.... You see.. i learned that when there is a situation where you start to feel depressed .. and you choose to replace that thing with another thing.. it doesnt remove your depression.. instead it postpones it..

For example.. if my parrot is gone and i get another one.. ill be happy again but the depression is postponed.. the other bird will be gone sooner or later too and it will hit you again..

Again , thank you for taking your time responding to me , I also live exactly near where you mentioned at that park :)

billycasper01 September 9th, 2019

@PerfectSalah

It's my pleasure. Just to add, the only reason depression doesn't have a certified and certain solution is because it has a different nature in one brain to another. No two brains can have same depression. What works for one may not work for the other. I really hope that you get over this tragedy. I wish I could've been helpful.

And I'm really glad that you were my distant neighbor back then ;)

adventurousBranch3786 September 8th, 2019

@PerfectSalah I'm very sorry for your loss. The loss of a beloved pet can be very difficult. I'm sure that your parrot was a very beautiful and special bird.