Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

So... I tried to overdose on my medication...

Caysea1989 September 15th, 2015

I took enough to make myself sick, get me to the hospital, then get me baker acted into a psychiatric hospital for three days. I learned a lot while i was there... I actually honestly wish I could have stayed there longer. I'm afraid of my life. I need to find things to occupy my mind and help me get better but I still feel like I'm going to sink down into my little hole and let my anxiety and depression rule my life. What do I do? I need techniques... Activities... Anything. I need help.

DHawks September 15th, 2015

@Caysea1989, I'm sorry to hear that you were in the hospital, honestly it can be very exhausting both mentally and physically so I'm glad the worst part is over.

Secondly, you know you need help and you're on 7cups, I think you've taken a great first step and I'm going to try give you some suggestions that might or might not be helpful.

So these are short term distractions that you should try out if you're feeling very anxious or need to get out a bout of depression:

- physical: Exercise, gym, swim, dance, throw socks against a wall, have a pillow fight with your soft toys, scream.

- creative: journal, write poetry, read, draw a picture (even if you're bad at drawing like I am), sew, sing.

- comforting: take a hot bath, play with bubble wrap, drink hot chocolate, get a message, talk to a friend.

- constructive: gardening, cleaning, organising.

Now, lets come to the long term distractions, maybe you should look for a job that occupies your time or maybe you can go back to college to study something you like. You can also look for support groups nearby which have meetings regularly, human interaction with similar individuals will help. Also, getting a pet and being responsible for him/her would be a great idea as well.

This is all I have for now, I hope it helps in a small way, let me know if you need anything at all, we at 7cups - adore you. Good luck and though the battle with depression is ongoing, you can do this!