Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Reactions when you tell someone about your depression

Chelonii January 14th, 2021

Doctor: "You need to exercise"

Best friend: "I'm always here for you!!"

Parent: "I don't see what is making you unhappy?"

AubeQuinn January 15th, 2021

They typically tell me I'm a fuck up and then leave me.

Chelonii OP January 21st, 2021

@AubeQuinn

That's harsh, oh gosh

Filou2080 January 19th, 2021

''Why are you depressed, there is so much happiness in the world!'' ''Why are you asthmatic, there is so much air to breathe around?!'' Depression can be really hard on you, especially when most people come back with such generic expressions. Stay strong, keep fighting, and know that there are people out there to whom you matter❤️ Depression is a medical issue with physical symptoms.

@Filou2080

Thank you for sharing both your story and inspirations. I totally agree and I hope you're staying strong too!! ❤️❤️

agreeableWest2693 January 19th, 2021

I have found that people just don't understand it unless they have dealt with it. My Grandparents thought that I was making it up. My siblings had no clue of the darkness in my brain. My doctors tried to find what had happened to me in my past to cause this. But no one truely knew how this darkness controlled my brain for so long and even to this day lingers. The only people that I have met that could know what I have been through and continue to go through have been there themselves.

@agreeableWest2693

I totally agree and it's so hard to describe to people who haven't been through it before too.

I hope you're feeling better and I am always here to listen. Xx