Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Persisting Guilt & Rumination

Exist56 December 3rd, 2016

Somehow I can't shrug this lingering feeling inside and it's becoming a big problem. I'm not even sure if this is depression issue or anxiety, but it feels like a mix.

I struggle with both of these. I don't know what forgiving yourself means or how to just let go of things and let time get some distance.
I hold onto so many mistakes and transgressions and have repeated mistakes that perpetuate the whole cycle of feeling terrible. I feel like I deserve any bad things that happen.

I have done some lousey things to people, nothing horrible, but definitely selfish and foolish things. I don't know how to let go if I have wronged someone and not obsess over remedying the situation, even it can't be done.

hope4now December 3rd, 2016

@Exist56 ..... i honestly feel the same way. But then i remind myself that , i am not alone. I am strong enough , you are strong enough to over come this. All you need is sometime to yourself , some time to talk it out with yourself , it takes time and it's not always easy , but like everything , you have to WANT IT to achieve it ❤️ i believe in you and i believe that you can over come this. You are here for a reason and this life is far to precious to spend holding a grudge against the most important person in your life , YOURSELF ❤️ have grace and be kind to yourself and forgive as you would a friend. This too will pass , it's the beauty of time , nothing bad can last forever because time will pass and so will it. God bless you and have a fantastic day :) Stay Strong and Hang In There 🌹

staywithyou December 4th, 2016

@Exist56

I ALWAYS feel guilt and all those thoughts, too! I think it is really common with depression, and it's one of the most difficult things that can make you struggle. I know it is really hard to let go those thoughts, but please know that you are lovable. Before forgiveness, perhapes you cna try to accept yourself first! No matter where you come from or what you've expereinced, you are priceless and lovable! So don't that all those guilty thoughts take control of your life. <3