Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Oh i dont know...

sorrowfulApple9 April 12th, 2015

I have no idea if i have depression. I justcant control this feeling that comes and goes. I feel like its depression but I don't know because it doesn't stay constant. I need help. I need help because I cant continue living my life with such pain and agony!!!! :'(

raspberryGlobe8504 April 12th, 2015

I'm the same way. I go in streaks where I'm totally fine, but then I get so depressed and can't even get myself out of bed, and all my responsibilities pile up on me and I don't want to do any of it, which of course makes everything a thousand times harder

April 13th, 2015

@sorrowfulApple9 and @raspberryGlobe8504:To find out whether you are suffering from depression or not, you will need professional diagnosis. There are lots of other illnesses that have symptoms common with that of depression. If it is depression, it?ll get better with time. You will just be careful that it does not take control over you. You?ll have to share what you feel with someone else. Talking to one of your friends, parents or relatives may make you feel much better. And 7Cups community is always there for you. Never feel you are alone.

You will have to force yourself to do things. Keep in mind that this is not going to be easy because of depression. Your brain will try to convince you negatively each time you try to do something. Just don?t let this happen. Control your mind and don?t let it master you. You may feel difficult to get out of your bed, just force yourself out.

Do the things you enjoy to. Listen to calm music, watch television, walk some distance? It?s all going to make difference. Responsibilities will never pile up if you do what you have to do. And I know its hard, but try your best.

Take care!

sorrowfulApple9 OP April 13th, 2015

Thanks for that but I cant control this feeling that comes and goes.I spoke to my parents but they didn't think it was serious. And I also spoke to my school councillor but she did nothing at all!

raspberryGlobe8504 April 13th, 2015

Same! My parents laughed at the idea that I might be depressed. I'm happy around them most of the time, so they don't see it, but I still think it may be possible. And my councilor at my university suggested that I get more sleep, which hasn't helped.

supportiveCat April 13th, 2015

I am so sorry @rasberryGlobe8504 and @sorrowfulApple9. I hope you are feeling okay. People souldnt judge you.

Angelofchrist April 13th, 2015

He is risen

sorrowfulApple9 OP May 10th, 2015

yes!

starrynightsin April 13th, 2015

this is how i started. having big up and even bigger downs. now i feel like i am constantly down but cant show it because i will get laughed at even by the people closest to me like my family. i woudlnt even know how to talk to a doctor about these things. anyone have any advice on this?

tewhovi1811 April 21st, 2015

Go to a professional. If they don't take the situation seriously or try to help you go to another because they suck. Feeling... down all the time isn't something people will laugh at and well, if they do then, they don't know better. Go to a professional--like a therapist--and just explain how you're feeling the best way you can. If and or when they ask you questions answer them, again, the best way you can. I'm not sure if this is good advice but it is a fact that you should get help.