Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Not sure what's wrong....

spicedclove December 17th, 2015

I'm not sure where to post this, I've not been diagnosed with depression, but I feel as though something is wrong. I wake up tired everyday even after sleeping well, none of the things I usually like to do are interesting any more, or if they are I don't feel like I have the energy to do anything.

All I do is go to work, come back, eat, go to sleep. I had a really good morning yesterday, for the first time in months it seemed and then by night I felt like shit again. Yesterday was great, I woke up with energy, I didn't feel too shitty about myself, and felt almost normal.

I almost can't even bring myself to write this because my problems aren't that big, and it doesn't really matter. It does kind of suck that I'm in an awesome country far from where I live but I feel like I'm missing out on stuff because I wake up tired everyday.

I don't know what wrong. I don't know what to do except to hope it gets better and keep faking that I'm happy and everything. Which is suprisingly easy to do.

PolarBearPuppy December 17th, 2015

Hi

Don't worry(: everything you've described are textbook depression symptoms. No matter how much you sleep you still feel exhausted. It's because, even if you don't realize it, your body is actually working super hard emotionally and mentally and it puts a toll on your body physically.

Everything will get better soon.

sweetForest10 December 17th, 2015

@spicedclove im here for you and you're problems are relevant and important and we are all here to help you go through this tough time in you're life, I know how you feel and im here to help you people feel free to PM me and we can talk anytime you need someone to talk to or just want to vent to someone, im here and so is everyone here at 7 cups. heart

Brian737 December 17th, 2015

Hello Spicedclove, well your symptoms sound like depression, but You may want to see Doctor and have some tests done and make sure it's not something physical ex Vitamin deficiency of some sort B-12 or a thyroid issue. Then go from there, maybe something that's a simple fix, which would be nice. But at least you'd know what your dealing with and have a diagnosis so you can proceed in the right direction.

take care and I wish you all the best.

Brian

ShawnL December 17th, 2015

@Brian737 I was going to suggest the same thing. I was tired every day until my doctor suggested I take a B complex supplement (this is the one I ordered: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0013OUMYQ). Since then, my energy has been through the roof. I can't even take it at night because I can't sleep then :) ESPECIALLY if you are vegetarian (which is what I was switching to), B complex is critical.

It still might be depression or anything else, but vitamins are easier and cheaper. Rule those out first!

All the best,
shawn.