Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Not good enough

rationalGrapefruit3050 December 29th, 2021

I look at positive affirmations and believe in them and say them when im in a good mood, but in a bad mood i realize that i never actually feel like it will indeed happen for me even though i know its possible. I know people can change but i feel stuck at this point that nothing for me is worth doing bc i always need to do more. Maybe i am enough bit what i do is never enough.

JayMeditates December 30th, 2021

@rationalGrapefruit3050

Hey Rational! I'm a strong believer in affirmation to and have found them to be particularly useful in combating negative thought patterns so I'm really glad to hear that you believe in them too :)

It's very natural for our faith in ourselves and in these affirmations to be called into question when we're in a bad mood or just in a bad place. Unfortunately, such is the nature of the mind that in moments of difficulty, doubt tends overthrow conviction.

I'm not sure if this is applicable to your situation, but usually I try to come up with SMART (Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Relevant, and Time-Bound) Goals to go alongside my affirmations so that I have evidence to support my affirmations, if that makes sense. Perhaps applying the SMART framework can give you more clarity on what you need to work on to improve your particular situation.

It may also help to take some time to explore where this "need to do more" fundamentally stems from. Often, being able to identify the source of feelings of inadequacy proves to be the most significant step in overcoming them.

Hope this helps!

rationalGrapefruit3050 OP May 16th, 2022

It's more like, I want to do a project to sell. I don't feel like it will make sales. I don't follow through to completion. I guess that's because I doubt myself ultimately. Although I realize I can make things other people make, except I never do, so I actually apparently can't.

Very simplified example, but basically my whole life in a nutshell.