Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Job interview coming up. I'm still Depressed.

myfreedom1 June 11th, 2015

I have a job interview this Monday. I have been off work for over a year and just started active job searching again. I'm depressed and worried about leaving my adult alcoholic son a lone. He makes bad decisionswhen left alone. He is on disability and wasting his money on bad judgment things. Iwantand needthis job very bad, but another part is soworried and not sure it is worth the anxiety.

dreamforward June 12th, 2015

wishing you all the best on the interview. i struggle with interviews as well so i want to send yuo all the good vibes and let you know that you aren't alone. it is completely valid to be worried and anxious, to feel different (even conflicting) things at the same time. but that doesn't mean some of your concerns are not worth the anxiety. i'm sorry you feel anxious. sometimes things may not seem "worth" the anxiety but that is all relative and there is no litmus test; it just blurrs things up. but it's okay to feel that way. it helps me to accept that my feelings (anxious or depressed or even the positive ones) are valid, which is not the same as allowing them to dwell and stick to us. like letting go of whether or not it is "worth" the anxiety helps me accept it better and than maybe eventually let go. again, good luck with the interview and i will keep you and your family in my thoughts.