Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

It Takes Time

itgetsbetterrae September 6th, 2015

It's been a while since I have posted a thread. Since my last post, Depression = Confusion, many things have changed. I feel lighter, happier.. more like myself (whoever that is). There is no way to explain how I have ended up here sadly. All I want is an answer, for me and for everyone else who is/has struggled with depression. I logged on not really sure of what I wanted to say; but, I guess this is it. Don't give up, even if that's the last thing you want to hear. Just don't do it. It takes time and patience and mistakes and highs and lows and all of these things that make it one huge struggle. Depression does not want you to win. But you have the POWER to say NO to it. I AM going to keep fighting and I AM going to get to the place that I want to be. If I were reading this in the dark place that I used to be I would be thinking "Just another person who is telling me not to give up. It doesn't matter what they say. I'm not them, they do not know what I am going through. Our situations are not the same." You are correct old me. Even if we didn't encounter the same battles, we are still in the same war. We are all working towards happiness, hell maybe just okayness. It won't make sense, any of it. It will just happen with time. I am still not completely there ("there" as in thoughts of depression are out of my life). I still have days where I think, "How the hell did I even get here and why? Why am I not the person I was a year ago?" But then I remember it does not matter why. Because I am here and I am breathing and all signs are there that I am living.

My point here is, it doesn't matter if you don't want to listen and if you don't want to keep fighting.. do it anyway! The result will be beautiful.

Please excuse this big blob of words.

LilTuna September 6th, 2015

check out my post