Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

I just don't get it.

Gryffinpuff1991 April 10th, 2019

I am the leader of our praise team at church. They all know that I suffer from depression and anxiety. Well I caught wind of some things that some of them were doing and had a talk with the group as a whole about it. Not calling anyone out, but telling them that certain things were wrong and that they were held to a higher standard and that they were to be an example to the newer members of the church and that it was their job to show worldly people how to live and to make them want to come to church. Well I get home and not 30 minutes after I got home my son came in crying. The children were attacking me and him, because of what I said. I consider these people family. How could my family do this to me?!?!

Kycol April 10th, 2019

@Gryffinpuff1991

Just between us, I would say that these people hadn't completely given their lives to the Lord and Satan knew just what buttons to push. The first few chapters of Proverbs speaks about wisdom and what happens when a person strays onto a path such as this. James has a lot to say about the tongue and how hurtful and divisive it can be. I'm really saddened that they seem to be teaching their children that this behavior is okay and it's okay to hurt others.

What is important is that you don't react in kind. This will be hard, but we are called to pray for those who hurt us, as He did on the cross. Take time for the hurt to ease. Call on Him to strengthen you and heal you. He promised to uphold us with his strong right hand. (Isaiah 41:10)

Now unto Him who is able to keep us from stumbling be all honor, dominion and power forever! And may His grace be with you now and forevermore.

Gryffinpuff1991 OP April 12th, 2019

@Kycol I am so thankful that the person to respond was a Christian. God definitely knows what we need! I am still acting the same towards them. Just not letting myself be as open.

Kycol April 13th, 2019

@Gryffinpuff1991

God's the ventriloquist. I'm just the dummy smiley!

Glad to give you some support. God is good...all the time!!!