Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

I am sooo tired

grayOwl035 August 6th, 2021

Lately, for the past 2-3 months I have been feeling so tired. I have been WFH for the past year and a half. Most of the days these 2-3 months, I have zero motivation to work. Some days, I am really enthusiastic and do a lot of work, but most of the days it's just browsing and scrolling through Instagram. Our team just needs to monitor some stuff for 10hrs, check if there's any issues. Most of the days, there isn't a lot to do, and I just sit in front of the computer. Once my shift gets over, I just want to crawl back into my bed and sleep forever.

I have lost interest in eating. I buy takeout almost everyday, to keep the variety of food, but I really don't enjoy eating. If I had my way, I would have skipped every meal until I felt hungry again. I have lost the interest in watching shows. There's almost 3-4 shows that I've started and is just 1-2 eps. in. I really do want to watch them, but I cannot find the interest to sit and watch.

I have a long list of chores and items to do, errands to run, but every single task takes me almost days to complete. I keep putting it off and the list keeps piling on.

I just want to crawl into bed and stay there for ever.

I have no idea on how to overcome this. Any suggestion is welcomed.

HopieRemi August 6th, 2021

@grayOwl035

Hey there! I am sorry to hear about how bad your depression has gotten. I can definitely see how working from home so much would influence you negatively. There is less routine when you just have to wake up and turn on a computer, so it is easy to just stop caring too much. From how you described your job duties, I can understand how that would be tiring and I can also understand that even though you have other tasks you need to get done, you don't have the motivational energy left to complete them. It sounds like you need to slowly add routine and structure back to your life. Many people who struggle with depression need structure to be able to get through the day.

How do you feel about dressing as if you're going into the office to work? And possibly blocking any social media from the hours you are supposed to be working? Also, is it possible to work from the office? I know that many businesses are going back to the office. Also since you're stuck at home for most of it since you work from home, try to catch some sun. Not enough sun intake can sometimes make depression worst.

I found an article that was written during the beginning of the pandemic and depression. It has some tips you might find of interest. You can see the article here