Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

How to support someone with depression

independentLion2898 August 20th, 2020

I am someone that currently is trying my best while having strict boundaries to keep myself from feeling burnt out from supporting someone with mental illness. I believe if you are willing to love or at least try to love someone with mental illness, it can be so REWARDING. Here, I would love to share with you guys my own experience. I would love to hear how you guys deal with supporting someone with mental illness or even how you guys cope with depression. Thank you!

talkswithariba September 6th, 2020

@independentLion2898

Welcome to 7 cups, Lion!

Its great to know that you're helpimg someone deal with their mental illness. I see that you're trying your best not to feel exhausted or burnt out because of that, it's always good to take out some time for yourself every day, even if it's as little as 10mins, and just be in he moment. I hope you're liking 7 cups so far, and I hope this community can help you learn more about coping skills! Take care! ❤️

independentLion2898 OP September 9th, 2020

@talkswithariba Yes, I've been really enjoying 7cups! It's been really cool to know there's an actual community! :)

talkswithariba September 6th, 2020

@independentLion2898

Welcome to 7 cups, Lion!

Its great to know that you're helpimg someone deal with their mental illness. I see that you're trying your best not to feel exhausted or burnt out because of that, it's always good to take out some time for yourself every day, even if it's as little as 10mins, and just be in he moment. I hope you're liking 7 cups so far, and I hope this community can help you learn more about coping skills! Take care! ❤️

independentLion2898 OP September 9th, 2020

MUST WATCH ON MENTAL ILLNESS

Depression To Expression is a youtube channel that I would recommend to those who have mental illness and those supporting someone with mental illnesssmiley

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCciA8PsPm3Z5E5vlKEct_lg