Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

How do you guys deal with this?

easyOak7689 February 25th, 2021

Hey guys, I have a question I'm curious as to whether you guys can relate. Basically, I've been walking around with some stuff that feels like it's living its own life. There's a number of issues amongst now also jobless and socially anxious that have been going on for so long it's become this constancy that I never or rarely talk about because it's been going on for so long and it's so pervasive, what left to tell?

Like, I'm socially anxious all the time too, so whenever someone asks "how was your day" I just skim over the fact that I probably spend like 5 hours at work in mental anxiety and stress and felt horrible and just answer "just another day" or tell something that may've happened that I didn't care about half as much as feeling miserable or something or another. I hate this, because it creates these superweird situations like where I go on vacation (was supposed to go with only 2 guys but 1 guy tagged along who I didn't know which is enough to just make me extremely anxious all the time) and had a horrible time being anxious 90% of the time but when people ask I just can't tell them because all my answers would default to the same stuff so I hide all my misery all the time but it makes me feel so disconnected because I can only so rarely be truthful

Can anyone relate? I feel so weird only so rarely talking about what I actually experience b/c it's all the same and I just hate living this double life where I have to hide everything all the time b/c I don't want to spread my personal problems and misery around all the time

loyalace9302 February 25th, 2021

I am sorry that you are going through so much of anxiety.. i can understand that you don't want to spread negativity.. I feel that too ! But I believe it's better to talk to someone rather than keeping everything inside. If you have good friends may be try explaining them about your social anxiety ..they can help you blend in with other people! You can also talk to listeners here and in the sharing circles whenever you want to vent out! There will always be someone to hear what you have to say :) I hope you find it useful!

vrljo February 27th, 2021

I definitely don't tell people exactly how my day is and i default to being fine or okay. Because really I'm okay but I'm struggling. To describe it all would be so difficult for someone without depression and anxiety to understand.