Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Help

Chlo1825 October 7th, 2019

Ive been wanting some help for a little bit.. I told my parents Ive been depressed and when I told my dad he ignored me and he told me that my mom laughed on the phone when he told her I needed to go see a therapist.. I feel all alone and I feel helpless and a failure.. I get told everything Im doing wrong but no one says anything when Im doing something right.. honestly I just want to be happy and I want to stop feel so sad all the time

River October 20th, 2019

@Chlo1825

Hey, thank you for sharing this with us. Your parents not believing you when you opened up to them can really be so tough. *hugs* (If you are okay with virtual hugs) And feeling unappreciated when doing right thing but being called out everytime you do something wrong can be really sad, I somehow relate. Do you have anyone else you can talk about it in your real life? (Like friends? Counsellor of school?) Would love to hear updates from you on how things has been going. Take care.

MAE1701 October 20th, 2019

@Chlo1825

I'm sorry that your parents have no ea for your problems, but I'm happy that you found this place and that you are willing to open up and find help. Please don't stop until you found the right listener. I did and just having someone to listen and knowing the person on the other side really cared, helped me a lot to go on.