Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Have i lost the plot???

emzy73 January 28th, 2015

Been on medication for depression about 3 months now. Been doing okish but now starting to go backwards. I feel very anxious feel like i wanna explode. I have awful thoughts and my mind is in full blown turmoil and i don't know why. Im upset by these feelings my mind is killing today. I put my smile on for my kids but its getting so hard. i feel like im looking from the outside in to the world. Have i lost the plot? Im at the drs tomorrow again but i find that si stressful too. I just want it all to stop 😢

swish January 28th, 2015

I'm in a similar boat. It's been 5 months for me on a new medication. I know it's causing my increased anxiety and anger. I totally understand the feeling of wanting to explode! I can't focus on anything. However, I am experiencing some benefits (fewer suicidal thoughts, much needed weight loss, etc.) that I'm not ready to forfeit. I've tried a few different meds and all of them have produced undesirable side effects. I feel trapped. I wish I could plug my Dr. into my head so she could feel what I feel and help me figure this out!

Good luck to you. You're not alone on this battlefield!

emzy73 OP January 28th, 2015

Sorry to hear you feeling pretty much same. Totally agree i also wish i could plug myself into the drs. I go and cant explain how i feel when i get there. I think about suicide most of the time. Not to end my life i guess but to stop the feeling i have in my head.

swish January 28th, 2015

I totally understand. I think Nietzsche said it best: "The thought of suicide is a great consolation: by means of it one gets through many a dark night" or something to that effect. Although it tends to grow very cumbersome. Hang in there; sometimes randomly recalling something that made me laugh (like REALLY laugh) helps to pull me up a bit.