Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

(Gross) How do I push through and take (full) showers every day?

modestCar842 October 27th, 2022

Hey all. The gist of my message is that I try to hop in every day or at the very least every two days for hygiene, but going the full mile with shaving and washing my hair and all that drains me of energy every time I do it. Even if I put it into bite-sized chunks, it seems to be something I can't do, even if I get the other parts of my routine down fine. Does anyone have any advice on this?

L1ly0ftheValley October 28th, 2022

@modestCar842 - Have you considered taking baths before? I prefer baths over showers myself, because I get to relax while I bathe. Plus, you can light some candles, use some bath bombs, and turn on some relaxing nature sounds to feel even more relaxed.

modestCar842 OP October 28th, 2022

Hmm I'll definitely try this today, baths seem a lot more relaxing than showers now that I think about it. Ty Lily 😃

L1ly0ftheValley October 28th, 2022

@modestCar842 - You are so welcome. :)

bestVase7265 October 29th, 2022

I think that the baths are a great idea. You could also try not doing all parts on the same day (some days shave, other days wash hair). Would changing the time of day that you do things possibly help as well? I know that my son only likes to do such things at night. It gets him tired and then he falls asleep more quickly. @modestCar842

Brookshand October 29th, 2022

@modestCar842

Hey There!

U understand what you're going through because I've been through it A LOT. Some advice I would have is when you take showers make 1 shower for washing and 2 for shaving and extras. Or you could take baths which can relax you and give you energy breaks between factors of your shower.

hope this helps. your making it up that hill. remember soon you can get the smooth ride down, I believe in you! NEVER give up.

hope this helps,

-Brook :)