Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Feel like I have nobody to turn to

bravestwarrior April 21st, 2015

Saw the guy I used to care a lot about with his girlfriend. I don't know, I guess the feelings of worthlessness came back at full force. I thought he cared about me, I thought somebody finally cared about me. I was so wrong.

I feel alone, and I don't know what to do anymore. I want to go to my friends, but I don't want to burden them. I just need someone to talk to, who'll listen to me. I wish I had someone who'd be there for me when I needed them most, who'd understand what I was going through. It feels like I'll never meet somebody like that, and it terrifies me that I'll always be isolated.

And then most of the people I do tell about my issues never really understand. They just assume it's like flipping a switch, that I can just choose to stop being depressed. But no matter how much I wish that was true, its just not. Because of that, I feel like I can't turn to them for help, because what if they don't understand? Or if they don't care? What if they start to hate me after getting to know the real me?

I'm so scared and I don't know what to do anymore.

kindButterfly42 April 21st, 2015

Please feel free to PM me if you need someone to talk to privately. Also, 7 Cups has a couple of guides that might be useful for you, including Depressionand Loneliness.

bravestwarrior OP April 22nd, 2015

Thank you for the reply @kindbutterfly42

I'll try and send you a PM when I get home from school today. Also thank you for the links! I'll have to look those over later.