Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Feeling very depressed and uneasy

Jegsu01 January 7th, 2015

The last week and a half have been very terrible. In the last nine days I have managed to have one full night of sleep, the rest of the nights I get maybe three hours of sleep. I am feeling very restless and uneasy on top of the lack of sleep. I have talked to my doctor and she is very concerned since it is also making my depression worse. I am getting to the point that I am having a hard time dealing with this and I am so ready to give up. Not sure how much longer I am going to last. I am in contact with my doctor daily to update her on how I am feeling and she is trying different things to see what helps but it is very difficult for me right now. I am struggling.Not sure what to do.

Watjar January 8th, 2015

I've had crying spells constantly for the last 2 weeks.. it does get better.. then starts all over again eventually. We just need to develop coping skills.. with the way the world is today.. fast paced, technology.. demands.. all things will fall apart. heres a hug for you..

January 8th, 2015

Oh I feel you... In the beginning of my depressive episode, I had hypersomnia(when you're always sleepy, when you sleep a lot, for like 17 hours), and now I think I'm slowly developing insomnia(when you don't sleep at all or you sleep really little, like 2-3-4 hours).

But for my insomnia, I drink meds. I don't know what can I tell you, maybe you can ask your doctor what can you do ?

Not sleeping enough can be really bad and can actually ruin your whole day. Are you relaxed ? If you don't go to bed relaxed, it can be because of that.

You can try to make tea before sleep, in my country there's some tea for relaxing and sleeping, you can search maybe in your country that exists too. And to relax and distract yourself from your thoughts.

If you're severely depressed, you maybe don't have some interests, but if you still have them you can try to read some book before sleeping, or to listen to music, or something like that.
If you have kids, you can be with them and relax with them.

I hope you'll get better soon. xoxosmiley