Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Dealing with my spouse who won't sleep

Tangodream December 19th, 2019

My spouse sleeps nights and refuses to try to get at least eight hours of sleep per day. I stay quiet, I keep the pets quiet, yet they will stay up until the are acting like they are drunk due to lack of sleep. They'll listen to music, or sleep-eat, or end up falling out of the chair they've fallen asleep in, instead of going to bed! I beg them to go to bed and they won't!

Today, the feel asleep in the shower this morning and fell down into the tub and knocked the shower curtin down and water got all over the bathroom! They were not hurt, but I had to clean up the mess AGAIN.

I'm not doing well as it is with my depression right now & they refuse to take care of themselves! I've told them that trying to stay awake for whatever reason is not helping me! I need them well rested, not so sleep depreived that they are stumbling around like my abusive drunk ex-husband. Their behavior is so triggering to me, which they know, and they STILL do it. I've talked to their therapist with them and their meds person, no change!

I'm finding it really hard to cope right now, I don't need this added bullshit. I don't know how to get through to them anymore without saying mean, hurtful things sometimes. It has been going on for months! Whenever they have a day off, they sleep all the time because they don't rest properly otherwise. I'm feeling pretty alone becuase they are at work, asleep, or usually so wigged out due to lack of sleep I don't want to interact with them.

Mostly, I'm just venting. But does anyone else deal with this?

Jem7Cups April 4th, 2020

@Tangodream venting is a good thing to do. Especially when you're feeling frustrated. Know that I'm here for you during this tough time ❤️

Jem 💜