Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Am I missing something?

KS2011 July 18th, 2018

I cant seem to understand the world around me, and I feel like Im rapidly losing my grip on reality. Ive been in therapy and on medications for depression for years, but nothing helps ease the pain of knowing that life itself is awful. I wonder if I am missing the point of being alive. Looking to know if others feel this way.

CalmWhisper22 July 19th, 2018

@KS2011

Sorry you are going through this. Has your therapist tried to switch things up? I know that my therapist is doing CBT and DBT with me. Another thing that I was reading about is ACT. You might want to ask your therapist if you can switch things up and that things aren't working currently. Another idea is you can always change to a different therapist that does want to work with you.

KS2011 OP July 19th, 2018

@DanaMH

Thank you for the advice, but Ive seen multiple therapists/psychiatrists over the years and tried many different medications and therapies, including a partial hospitalization program. I feel like nothing has truly worked.

@KS2011

Have you asked them to think outside the box of ideas on what might help?

KS2011 OP July 19th, 2018

@DanaMH

Yes, but I dont know what else to ask. Do you know of any outside of the box treatment suggestions that have been effective for others?

@KS2011

I am not sure what you have tried. If you tell me a list I can answer that better.

KS2011 OP July 24th, 2018

@DanaMH

I have tried many different medications, CBT, DBT, and an outpatient partial hospitalization program where I basically just learned about mindfulness and coping mechanisms. I dont know that theres much else that I can do or that will help.

CalmWhisper22 July 24th, 2018

@KS2011

What about ACT or checking out the pleasant activities list on the web?