Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

All Alone

samd136 June 2nd, 2018

I thought my life was going well. I had a good job and a boyfriend. But my boyfriend was drowning me, making me crazy, making me more depressed, I couldnt take it anymore. Plus my boyfriend was my boss at my job. I was already leaving for a new job for other reasons and then I decided I needed to get away from him too. So I broke up with him and had a new job. I felt great for a few weeks.

I started seeing someone new too. He was my best friend. Everything was great. Then I got a text from my ex said he was having a hard time without me. He was depressed about me leaving. He said he wanted to kill himself. I couldnt ignore that. Because Ive been there. Thats why Im here on 7 cups. Anyway I couldnt ignore it so I told him I would come see him. Whenever I feel like that I want someone to come see me to show they care.

I went and saw him. We just walked around and talked. I didnt think everything would be all wonderful after. He just needed him to know I dont hate him. I love him but I had to walk away. He needed help and I tried to help.

The next day I got a text from his sister. She freaked out at me because she thought I was going back to him. Then she went and told my best friend who I had started seeing. I wasnt going back. I was making sure he was okay. I guess that was a bad idea though.

Now Im not with my best friend. I dont talk to my ex to save my relationship with my best friend but he didnt want to work it out. So Im alone and have no one. Now Im really depressed

CalmWhisper22 July 21st, 2018

@samd136

I am so sorry all of that happened to you. Sometimes the best help for folks is having them see a therapist at the hospital and calling 911 for them to get the help they need. That is to bad that your best friend didn't understand that you were just trying to help out.

To find new folks you can go to Google and look up pleasant activitites list which has hundreds of things to do and ideas on meeting folks. I know I was trying to meet friends where I moved to and I started square dancing and have lots of new friends now. Dance lessons might be fun for you to try since there are always single folks there looking for someone to dance with. There are other ideas on the list also and hope you can find something that is fun and that interest you.