Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

What's the Best Advice You've Ever Been Given?

honeypie720 June 28th, 2020

Hey everyone!

As we go through life, especially while battling depression, we can often feel overwhelmed, and feel the need to reach out and ask for some help with whatever we are going through, feeling, or struggling with.

Everyone has different perspectives and views on things, which means everyone can offer and recieve different pieces of advice that others may have never heard of that could potentially really motivate and inspire them.

So, whether you matched with a really helpful listener here on 7 Cups who said something that really stoof out to you, or you had a talk with a family member or close friend that you take with you everywhere, or you just saw a really awesome quote online, please feel free to share it here!

I'll start with a quote I saw on social media: "Life changes. You lose love. You lose friends. You lose pieces of yourself that you never imagined would be gone. And then, without even realizing it, these pieces come back. New love enters. Better friends come along. And a stronger, wiser you is standing back in the mirror." ✨💖

bestWest7801 June 28th, 2020

When I switched careers I was struggling to find a balance between new job, new city, new friends.

One of my co-workers caught on and gave me this piece of wisdom: "Sometimes you need to reach out and ask for support from others. I've found them to be really receptive in most cases."

I'm always the friend someone else leans on. So, for once, I've been asking for help from others. And it's been going good. :)

honeypie720 OP June 28th, 2020

@bestWest7801

I relate to being the friend that everyone seems to go to when they need help, which I don't mind at all, but it definitely is nice to recieve support from others to regain your own energy! I'm happy your co-worker was able to do that for you! :)

CaptainMarvell73 June 28th, 2020

@honeypie720

your only Human everyone makes mistakes and does things they regret but that's how you learn and are able to better yourself.