Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

New to the group and don't even know where to start....

Konfuzed227 January 14th, 2016

Hi everyone,

I am 29 years old and just broke up with my gf of 4 years, which resulted in me having to move back into my father's house. He is a hoarder so the house is always a giant mess, stuff everywhere. I only have about 2 friends and they are both the "masculine" type of guys, don't talk about feelings and constantly tell me to just "get over it" whenever I encounter a problem. My family is the same way, to the point where I don't honestly feel like I have anyone to talk to. I don't like my job, I hate the fact that I got a 4 year business degree and I now realize I hate the corporate life and I hate the paperwork and I hate the fact that I just got brough on permanent by my new job but I hate the actual position. I can't make a decision to save my life and have not been able to figure out what I want to do. I'm afraid to start anything for fear of screwing up or making a mistake, so when it comes time to take any action I instead sit on the couch and watch TV, and I always talk myself out of doing anything. I feel like my life is going nowhere and I hate the fact that I am basically all on my own in terms with dealing with my life, and everything is such a mess for me being 30 in a month and I feel like I'm screaming at the top of my lungs for help but nobody will listen to me. I feel all alone in this world and I have trouble trusting people because I got made fun of as a kid for having a big nose. I cannot talk to people I get so overcome with anxiety that I almost pass out and get extremely tense whenever I talk to someone, so much so that being at work for 8 hours makes me too tired to do anything. I am rambling but I am laying out my thoughts as they come here. I don't know what's wrong with me but every time I feel like I want to talk to someone about this I tell myself to stop being a wuss and be a man. I've done things in my past that I am extremely ashamed of and although they aren't anything violent or as extreme as felonies, but just moral decisions that were horrible so I don't feel as if I deserve anything good anyways. I feel like I need help but don't have any idea where to go or who to turn to......I've tried suicide twice and luckily they've failed but I cannot help but shake this empty, sad and lonely feeling that has engulfed at least the last 12 years of my life......

freedom1181 January 14th, 2016

hey brother....same on the past and felonies....mine included three years New York state prison, were the same on the empty sad hopeless feel I don't deserve anything anyway....we can talk anytime

freedom1181 January 14th, 2016

I'm former opiate and pill and everything addict....I moved west to heal heart and soul....two very good friends accepted my carcass as I was with total compassion and love and much kindness..we grew a harvest that was plentiful...much kindness was extended to others as well and people were welcomed and stayed and prospered....apparently they didn't feel profit was adequate because they robbed my dear friends who had invited them with open arms.....the police became involved, both my friends arrested......the call came for help and I did everything I could...it bears mentioning that the other friend I am in love with and she at least partially feels the same....her husband is like a brother to me, so u can imagine the inner conflict....now she's Fed up with always getting dragged into his problems since she doesn't do any illegal activity....she's leaving and has offered me to accompany....my bro wants me to stay and "b there for him".....I have charges spending where she wants to go and am willing to face them firstly for my own piece of mind,second so we can have the possibility of togetherness someday.....much more to come

CerebralHealer January 15th, 2016

Konfuzed227...,

I know where you're coming from. I think if we chat it might do you some good. Feel free to contact me me any day, anytime