Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Long Distance Relationship

lovingPenguin46 December 30th, 2014

Ok so I am in an LDR and right now... Honestly it feels like hell. His mother is making it increasingly hard for us to communicate and I just wish I could have a big hug most nights... I have few friends here where I live and I actually mean a couple when I say that soooo.... yeah. Two people... both are older then me and already in college so one doesn't even live "Here" anymore and the other is closer but busy all the time... So most of my support still comes from my boyfriend though I can't actually get any physical support and crave for even a pat on the shoulder to gain some human contact. Having a LDR is getting increasingly hard just because I need physical contact with SOMEONE! Anyone else feel like this? Or know how it feels from experience? Advice would be nice... I'm not bailing or anything I just want to know if there is any help for the feeling I am currently feeling or not... thanks.

adaptableThinker17 December 30th, 2014

I have been in an LDRfor 3 months and it sucks. Not being able to have physical intimacy is such a difficult thing, especially since it is a big part of any relationship. We also have issues of seeing each other when we do have time with her family not knowing about me it can be difficult for her to get away to come and see me (so far it has been impossible)and I can't go to

see her. I think you should remember all the reasons you decided to do LDR in the first place, how much you care about him, and push through as much as you can. There is a point people get to where you no longer get as many benefits out of the relationship than strains, and that is the point where something has to change.

Silvergone January 23rd, 2015

I've been in an relationship for almost two years, and more than a year and a half of it we've been long distance. It's hell honestly. And my depression only makes it worse and harder on us both. And sometimes, the only thing keeping me in the relationship is us potentially being together again, permanently. And then there are the times where I just don't believe that will happen. I'm at a loss as to how my relationship is going to end up.... but yeah, ldr is one of the worst things I got myself to do, but most of the time it's been worth it.

pm229 January 23rd, 2015

Fours years and still running. Having an LDR may not be good for other people, but sometimes it is the kind that really lasts. Just imagine how great it is that two people can love despite the distance, that is true love.

pm229 January 23rd, 2015

Fours years and still running. Having an LDR may not be good for other people, but sometimes it is the kind that really lasts. Just imagine how great it is that two people can love despite the distance, that is true love.

ImHolly June 8th, 2020

I was in a LDR for 8 months, and it was pure heaven, all of my problems and the weight of life just didn't matter when I was with him. He made me feel like I mattered. And recently he ignored me for a week and blocked me. No explanation or reason. And that hurt worse than a knife in the back, nothing could compare to the hopelessness I felt right after because I loved him. And I would still take him back.

Fluffystuffycloud June 9th, 2020

@ImHolly I can understand that feeling. When we feel he cared and things feel better when we are with him no matter the distance. My case he didn't block me, but we fight a lot and I can see his feelings fade away.

ethereal97 July 16th

@lovingPenguin46 hi