Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

why do people say these are the best years of my life

Sebastian0o0 August 15th

im 13 and ive been scolded by my parents for wasting my teenage years but *** its not my fault man i dont enjoy anything and ngl if these are supposed to be the best years of my life then yk what id rather just not be here because if it gets any worse than this i wouldnt be able to stand it. 

PineTreeTree August 16th

@Sebastian0o0 you’re not wasting your teen years, you’re learning. Don’t take this saying about these being the best years as truth. 

indigoHouse922 August 16th

@Sebastian0o0 Yo I would love to talk to you, I'm going through the same thing

clouds1111 August 26th

@Sebastian0o0 when you're 13, it's just the start of your teenage years and you still have many years of your teens left. sometimes, people do think that they are the best years, and although being a teenager is in between the adult and the kid phase of life, it doesn't mean it's the best, it's different for everyone, so it's completely ok if it's not going the way you expected it to be 

funyuns514 August 27th

Nah bro, middle school years was the worst years of my life and even if I take out like household issues, and just focus of "

funyuns514 August 27th

my bad accidentally posted before finishing, but if I just focus on "making the most of my youth" with all the awkardness of middle school years, figuring out self identity, and the fact that the people who create cliques and all because they think theyre the star of a high school teen drama and not just be normal to people whos just trying to vibe, its harder to go out into certain activities when you deal with backlash. And if its simply just you have nothing that interests you and youre chill where you are thats also just completely great and its annoying people think you have to be doing something thats "worth exploring" in their eyes. My parents were always weird about what I was doing overprotective and controlling like the asian way at the same time as wanting me to be adventerous and a well liked guy, it was conflicting as ***.

I am in my 20s, and dude while im not all matured or super content yet, compared to middle school, personally life is great and way better than life as a teen. You do not even need full independence to have some peace or adventure whatever YOU feel like doing. I personally have been doing both college and work trying to prepare to be independent but despite those annoying adult things, I have been doing the adventures I would want to do now and am just beginning what should be the better years of my life. And that includes not adventuring and just rotting or gaming at home. We should be striving to have adventures in our 20s and 30s. Dealing with parents is our annoying thing we have to do to get there whether or not they help, even if we have to cut them out (hopefully they can be understanding enough to be good parents for life tho). People who say their childhood was the best when they were secured, pampered, and did stupid stuff for validation, or low-consequence thrills, just have bad time making fun between the basic business of adult life, cannot fathom not everyone stays their friend, or just made too many mistakes early (addictions, kids). Not to dunk on them too much, everyones path is fair and different, but the ones judging yours are probably on some bs.

Anyways yeah I mean adult responsibilities are for sure tough and you can never know what can come up, but continue being yourself, make safe decisions, as long as you enjoy what you do, you have no reason to feel shame about what you choose to do now. Having to get *** from parents as a kid while theres so much going on at once in those teen years is an obstacle right now, but we are all here to support you through it. So much is possible afterwards as you grow and you can just listen to yourself or those who actually understand your lifestyle.