Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

well-being = balance

BlueSoul2290 September 3rd

The concept of well-being is more than just the absence of disease or mental illness; it's about finding balance and flexibility to manage oneself. Well-being is both a skill we cultivate and a state we experience. It's a dynamic process that requires ongoing attention and effort.

To nurture our well-being, we must:

1. prioritize meaningful relationships
  2. limit social media consumption
  3. engage in enjoyable activities
  4. reflect on our life's purpose
  5. give back to others.

The strong social connections provide emotional support and a sense of belonging. Limiting social media consumption can reduce stress and improve mental health. Engaging in activities we enjoy helps us to relax, recharge, and find joy. Reflecting on our life's purpose can give us a sense of direction and meaning. Giving back to others can foster a sense of gratitude and fulfillment.

By finding balance and connection within ourselves and with the world around us, we can lead fulfilling and meaningful lives. This involves recognizing our strengths and weaknesses, setting realistic goals, and developing healthy coping mechanisms. It also requires being mindful of our thoughts and emotions, and taking steps to manage stress and anxiety.

Gettingbettertoday September 3rd

I have difficulty with the last 3.

1. Engage in enjoyable activities - I have activates but they are not enjoyable nor have i found any that are.   
  2. Reflect on our life's purpose - I have done this one for the last 5 years. I have found no purpose or meaning in life.
  3. Give back to others. I do not give back to others because I took nothing from them. There is no debt for me to repay. 
BlueSoul2290 OP September 3rd

@Gettingbettertoday

I think reflecting on the purpose of life can definitely be a deep and challenging journey, and it’s totally okay if you haven’t nailed down a clear purpose yet. Sometimes, our sense of purpose evolves as we go through life.
As for giving back I think the idea of giving back isn't about owing someone something I think it's about feeling part of something bigger and making a positive impact. So maybe even small acts of kindness or community involvement like volunteering or helping someone out. can make you feel good and help you connect with others. 

Ultimately The main idea is to find balance to help us feel more satisfied and helps us manage our lifes better. and I think achieving that not very simple .and maybe each individual likely finds balance in a unique way and what one person considers balanced may differ from another.
Gettingbettertoday September 3rd

@BlueSoul2290

I could give all my time, possessions, and money away without feeling any connection with those which were benefiting from it.