Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

social relationships

affableStrings4654 January 25th

I think i'm having attachment issues? I keep thinking that my friends don't like me, despite having no real reason to think so. i don't want to think this, but sometimes the feeling comes over me before i have a chance to squash it.

I don't know where i stand with people a lot of the time. I usually try to gauge it by how interested they seem in talking to me, how much engagement i get. if someone makes plans with me and then breaks them, but we never make follow up plans, i often feel like they changed their mind about me. Did i say something off-putting? Was i too annoying? was i too much of myself?

i don't want to mold myself to be what other people want me to be, but i often catch myself trying. to censor, to make myself small. I hate it.

i don't really know how to measure my relationships with people, or my worth as a person. it's leaving me wildly vulnerable to other people's behaviors and i do not like it.

not sure what to do.

Tinywhisper11 January 25th

@affableStrings4654 aww honey, self love and confidence is a hard one to get control over. But if people don't like you, for being you, then that's their issues not yours. I know it's hard it's hard to make connections with people, And you never know whats in someone else's mind, so you try to protect yourself from getting hurt. That's where your vulnerability will become more of a problem. I don't know if any of what I just wrote makes sense😕 I'm just trying to say, give people a chance, and give yourself a chance too ❀ gives you a giant tiny hug ❀❀ we are all here for you ❀ I'm your friend ❀

toughTiger6481 January 25th

@affableStrings4654

when we try to assume why people break off plans or do not seem as engaged we IMO are often wrong...people can change plans for a multiple reasons. people overbook or perhaps they are short on funds or do not feel like going out.   Everyone has issues others may not see on surface and it IMO is more likely those things that cause a cancel not the person you make plans with. 

if we attempt to change to fit what we think they want we will not be happy we will feel we lost ourselves. If you cancel on someone is it only about that person or how you feel at the moment?  whenÂ