Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Who are you

Paulrm November 10th, 2023

The sense of self…….?

have you ever met yourself?   Do you think you know who you are.  Most of the time my sense of self remains constant and aires on the side of positive, functional, just and honest.  However, once in a while a valid challenge is ushered that strips away any solidity you ever had about who you are.  The efficacy of this challenge must come from a person you trust.  

What to do with the immediate de-basement of the sense of self.  Like catching a patch of ice on the highway as you fly along at 85mph and the instantaneous realization of the world as a real and consequential place becomes the only relevant issue.  You are jolted away from the flotsam and jetsam of the everyday humdrum and gripped by the crushing, icy vice of unknowing the one certain thing above all else            -            who I think I am.

The only hope, for car and person, is to briefly wiggle back to a functional, and drive-able, state of progress.   But there is always a small feeling left that perhaps everything you think is un-real and that only in tiny moments of absolute terror as you sink into the true survival mode, that is where the real you is.  And maybe the real you, as revealed, is not just unfamiliar but somewhat distasteful and scares you with unfamiliarity and unlikeable qualities.

in conclusion, the trust in a person who carry’s love for you will allow you to experience this alternative with wise words, navigate and resolve. -  I hope everyone out there has such a person and please accept my condolences for those that do not!

November 11th, 2023

@Paulrm It’s possible and makes some logical sense to broaden the sense of who you are by abandoning some of the ways we typically think of “self.” No icy road and skidding, spinning car required.