Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Therapist Gone (Health Issues)

ProcessingMitchell August 16th

I haven't been able to check in for a couple weeks due to loads of pain, work kicking into gear, etc. So I logged in and wanted to correspond with my therapist.

I have been on 7Cups for over a year. The therapist helped me out a lot. And now all our messages are gone, and a new person sent me a message letting me know that my therapist had to discontinue 7Cups due to "deteriorating health". 

I knew about her health issues because I spoke about mine and she let me know I wasn't alone. I remember her symptoms but not the specific diagnosis (if she even told me the name). So I knew she was suffering and I thought it was awesome she had something like 7Cups she could use to have employment in a field she studied/enjoyed, and could make money to help herself. And now she's so ill she can't even do text-based work, and I didn't get to say goodbye.

I don't really know how to describe how this feels. I just hope good things for her. 

BeesOnFlowers August 16th

Oh, goodness. That must be so hard. I know I can relate to having health issues that hurt a lot of my productivity, but it's hard to have to quit doing what you love for your health. 

Seems like it must have been a shock for you to not see her when it seemed she was just there. You experienced an unexpected change and it's completely understandable to feel upset, confused, unsure, etc., I only hope it resolves quickly and you get the support you need. 

Let me know if I can help support you in any way I can, even if I'm not a therapist. 💛