Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Summer SAD

LostTurtle2 August 5th, 2023

Just saw it in the news. I suspected I had that for a few years now. I get winter SAD too. And generally depressed too. Go figure.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/summer-seasonal-depression-rise-amid-090158704.html

I hope it wasn't posted before. I don't know how to search here.

Thanks for listening...

SunShineAlwaysGrateful August 6th, 2023

@LostTurtle2

The heat extremes and humidity takes a toll definitely not a surprise. Everything is tougher in the heat including coping with the heat and mental health. Thanks for posting.

SunShineAlwaysGrateful August 6th, 2023

@LostTurtle2

Good to know staying hydrated really helps in the heat with your physical and mental health both. ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿ™Œ

serenePineapple7180 August 5th, 2023

@LostTurtle2

Sorry to hear you're struggling with the hot weather, I've struggled greatly in the winter months before but have yet to find it difficult for me in the summer. Thank you for sharing and I hope things turn around for you sometime soon :)

EddieL August 5th, 2023

@LostTurtle2
Wow, thank you for sharing. I was aware of seasonal depression during the winter, but I had never heard of it occurring in the summer. This makes sense!

bestVase7265 August 7th, 2023

I think in both cases it is often our loss of connection with nature. It is always harder when we are inside more. I force myself outside for a bit no matter what the weather is. @LostTurtle2