Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

No Energy!

GrandSam16 November 13th, 2022

I have no energy to search for a job, no energy to study my courses. I no longer know which field I like or is suitable as a career. All my energy is ran out because of depression, and I have a little to go to the therapy sessions and do the assignments I take from those sessions.

What upsets me is that I was a hard-worker, full of energy student 5 years ago. I could find motivation to do anything despite obstacles, now I struggle to find motivation for things I was good at in the past.

How can a depressed person find energy for work?

dynamicFan6110 November 15th, 2022

I struggle with this as well. Same situation as you. I currently don't work in my degree instead I work in my family business. I am looking to get out and get an internship or apprenticeship in a hot field such as construction or medical field.

Unfortunately, you may burned out like me. And now everything is so numb. Somehow we lost the passion that we use to have. In my case it was a huge career disappointment episode...

I am waiting to get it back but that technique is not helping.... just years go by and more and more depression medicine ๐Ÿ’Š ๐Ÿ™ƒ accumulated

GrandSam16 OP November 15th, 2022

@dynamicFan6110

I am sure that there is hope, just trust your treatment process.

Keep that in mind : we are on our way to being greater versions of ourselves, that is why it's not that easy.

bestVase7265 November 16th, 2022

That can be a tough one because you feel like you are in a brain fog. Sometimes getting outside a bit can help. Make it a daily habit to walk for 15 minutes.

You will find motivation again. It takes time and patience. You will find what you want to do too. @GrandSam16

GrandSam16 OP November 16th, 2022

@bestVase7265

I am determined to find a motivation, I deserve to live a good life.

bestVase7265 November 17th, 2022

That is definitely a good attitude to have as you battle. What other kinds of things are you doing for yourself?@GrandSam16

GrandSam16 OP November 17th, 2022

@bestVase7265

I do several things to help myself, they are:

- Participating here in 7 Cups.

- Keeping a gratitude journal.

- Asking for help and support from my mother and close friends, without any shame.

- Committing to medication and therapy sessions.

- Prayer, walking, listening to music, video games.

- Reading a psychology book with a lot of exercises, in addition to the exercises I take from therapy sessions.

Writing helps me keep away from the negative thoughts and correct them.

bestVase7265 November 18th, 2022

They all sound great. I do many of the same things.@GrandSam16