Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Is marriage necessary in life?

navySea3717 July 23rd, 2023

Marriage brings many expectations from family and your partner, along with a lot of responsibilities and sacrifices, especially for women. Right now, I feel content with myself and don't feel the need for anyone else. When you bring someone into your life, it adds more expectations, and that can be painful. So, I think it's best to skip marriage, focus on fulfilling your dreams, and if you want a family, consider adopting a child instead.

In this internet age, do you think someone will regret not getting married and not having a partner? Nowadays, with the internet, we have many ways to keep ourselves entertained. If we're feeling bored, we can listen to music, dance, learn new things, or even talk to strangers like we're doing right now.

What's your thoughts on this? Any advice on single parenting? Suggestions/ your pov are most welcomed šŸ˜Š

YourCaringConfidant July 23rd, 2023
@navySea3717 I know not everyone believes in God, but I do... so when I mention Him, I'm only speaking regarding my beliefs on the topic you mentioned.
I believe it's not God's will for everyone to marry. With that said, no, marriage is not "necessary" in life as not everyone will find a husband/wife for them.
But I believe human touch and companionship is very important, and having a partner can be a good thing. Just because someone is with someone does not mean they have to marry.
And even if you love someone that does not mean you have to marry to confess your love.
But I believe, marriage is a beautiful thing when it is between 2 that love each other unconditionally. Marriage means that I have a partner for life, to help bring out the best in me, someone to be there for me through the good and bad, someone to help me grow, and just someone I know I can count on while I go through this thing called life. And vice versa.
I have no regrets of marrying and have been almost 10 years and still have a lifetime to go. Because of it being God's will, I have 2 children that are products of that love. I know it was no one but God that brought my husband and I together and it is Him keeping us, as well. This is fact in my book.
Children are a lot of work and they require so much. Being a parent is truly a blessing, but at the same time, it is hard work. I could not imagine being a single mother or wanting that. Raising children is a struggle enough with 2 parents, so I can't imagine how it would be falling on only 1. I love that you mentioned adopting kids though because there really are many kids out here who need that love and someone to call theirs. However, sadly, the reality is not everyone meets the qualifications to adopt a child no matter how much love they have to go. That's just life.
In whatever anyone does with their life and in it, I wish them complete happiness!

*Sorry so long, lol.*
navySea3717 OP July 24th, 2023

I appreciate your perspective on this.Thanks for sharing.ā¤ļø

mich765 July 24th, 2023

@navySea3717 I tell people I ā€œforgotā€ to get married and have kids lol. At one time, I wanted to be married and have a family and I felt quite down that it wasnā€™t happening. I have some trauma in my life from men, and it was hard for me to form a relationship with them. I decided that I was going to focus on the positive aspects of being singleā€¦my time and money are my own, I donā€™t have to pick up after another person, I am free to make my own decisions. That being said, there are also plenty of times I long for companionship. I know it can still happen in my life, but I also know that I will need to do a lot of work on myself first. Until then, Iā€™m enjoying the things in life I can because Iā€™m not in a relationship. And Iā€™ve been able to find some happiness in that.

navySea3717 OP July 30th, 2023

Hehe savage reply! šŸ¤­ Thanks for sharing your opinion šŸ™Œ

Gettingbettertoday July 24th, 2023

ļ»æNO!

bestVase7265 July 25th, 2023

I think each person is different. Sometimes a person that you want to marry appears in your life and sometimes they don't. I agree that making marriage a life goal can be damaging.

I would go with how you are feeling right now and then see where it leads you. @navySea3717

July 31st, 2023

@navySea3717 interesting take on marriage!

In my point of view, what matters is selfless and giving relationships. Where your focus is on giving. So wherever I am capable of doing that, whether outside marriage or in marital life, I'd want to be there.