Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Gratitude for People You Love

Something that has helped enormously on my journey with depression is having a strong support system. Feeling less lonely makes me feel like every day I have a reason to keep myself motivated; I look forward to spending time with people I love 🥰

I wanted to encourage everyone to respond to this thread and share: Who is someone you love or are grateful to have in your life? Why? How has having them helped you?

I'll go first: I love my friend Adam. I'm grateful to have him because he knows exactly what to say to cheer me up and he is the most straight forward person I know. He's helped me by being a good friend and encouraging being supportive of one another on our journeys through life. 

Tinywhisper11 August 1st

@electricAlessandra1606 awwww thanks Adam for being a good friend to alessandra ❤

I have no family or friends, but I'm lucky enough to live in a carehome, where I have 24 carers, and lots of support, I love them all very much ❤ and I'm thankful for 7 cups, i have friends here, who love and support me ❤ I feel like the people on cups, are the best kind of family ever ❤

Punna23 August 1st

I am grateful for my mum, my brother and also my doctor. I am even grateful for one of the bosses I have had.
I am grateful for my mum because she stuck by me like a rock in my periods of highest difficulty. I would always have someone I could call and they would talk with me super sweetly and try to help. She was super involved with my treatment medically and also helped my monetarily heaps. Now, I am better and she wants me to do many things like live a normal life (like getting up early and other things). But, that does not discount all that she did for me when I needed it most.

I am grateful for my brother because He supported me right through childhood and was an awesome friend! When I have going through depression, He was almost the only person who knew and he supported me super nicely. Now, he has a family and remains mostly involved with that. But he will always have a place in my heart, always.

My psychiatrist was also awesome. I do not see him now. He was super interested in my getting better. He went through so many different tries with me to find something that I would be happy taking, medicine wise. Even when I was ill, and not able to think clearly, when I would ask for my meds to be reduced because the side-effects were too difficult, He would many times agree. If I was too sick he would put me in the hospital, but even when I was clearly unwell but still ok to manage, he would listen to my requests and adjust my meds. I am super thankful for him. He stuck with me for 7 years and invested so much time in my recovery.

Finally, my boss. I was very lucky to have a boss who was super adjusting and accomodating. He allowed me to work for him for a long time and was very kind and one of the first jobs that I lasted a long time. I told him about my illness many months later, but he was super cool with it and just took it as something that happened; he was a genrenal practicitioner. I was even admitted to the hospital and he knew and he still called me back to work after I came out. He was definitely pivotal in me feeling that I can work in the society!

Thank you to all these awesome people!! And that you to Alessandra for making this post!!

Gettingbettertoday August 1st

@electricAlessandra1606

Even for people that have been of great help to me I have no feeling of gratitude. 

electricAlessandra1606 OP August 1st

That's okay too! Whar about an activity you love? Not everyone is a people person.

Gettingbettertoday August 1st

@electricAlessandra1606

😞Nothing touches me on an emotional level unless it makes me sad or angry. I have kept up with my blacksmithing hobby but it provides me with no pleasure, no creative release, and no sense of accomplishment. 

electricAlessandra1606 OP August 1st

I'm sorry to hear that. It's valid to feel that way ❤️ I'm glad you have an activity you have committed to.