Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Got into trouble with my family for getting upset with the dog's barking

Sonicmario2002 May 23rd

So I had this dog named Cali, and she would constantly bark at any person that passes by and I've gotten pretty and started yelling and blaming God, but what really got me into trouble is that I said if God created animals, they why do people like me get into trouble getting mad at dogs for barking, this lead to a anger lecture from my family about how it's a "blessing" that the dog is barking to "protect" us and getting angry at the dog is like getting angry at the person who caused the bark, I felt like nobody listens to me, this is one of the factors for a long time that why I do not want to be a Christian anymore, and I wanted to learn things myself just to move out of the house just to get away from the dog

Vane26 May 26th

@Sonicmario2002 It may seem like a scolding from your parents but what they said made sense. I also understand that you hate the dog barking every day. It can be annoying but you can teach the dog to stop or find someone who can teach it. You need to be patient with it. It is a blessing and a companion given to you by God, you need to cherish it. Maybe you hate it barking now but once it's gone... I hope you continue being a Christian and may you cherish every moment you have with the dog.

Sonicmario2002 OP May 26th

Okay, I understand i guess