Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Feeling left behind in life

moonoquq July 18th

all my life have feel lonely and empty, a lot of people have told me that i ask too much of myself and that not everything needs to be perfect but I wonder why life can be horribly unfair, like why did I did wrong ? What was my mistake? When did i fail and become the way I am? I feel I’m never enough and I can’t seem to enjoy my teenage years like the rest of my friends, I don’t know why I’m so ashamed of myself I feel so sad and it scares me thinking that I’m already almost an adult and I don’t have that many “good” memories, I fell like I don’t deserve it to begin with, I feel I will be judged, I’m really stress and I don’t want to show it because my friends don’t have to deal with me being sad but I feel they are already leaving me behind, I know this type of emotions are probably occurring because of the hormonal changes one has when we are teenagers but it’s really hard, the more I think of it the more times I remember being sad and not liking what I am, and where I was, I just wonder why, I have been trying to change couple of things that maybe could help me improve the way I see my surroundings and how I feel but it’s getting worse it’s always the negative thoughts that win in my head. I’m scared that I might never be happy even if I archive my goals in life.

BlueSoul2290 July 18th

@moonoquq

@moonoquq

Hi,
I'm sorry to hear you're feeling lonely and empty. Thank you for trusting us enough to share your feelings. It takes a lot of courage to open up about these things, and it's a strong first step towards feeling better.

Adolescence can be tough for everyone. It's a time of self-discovery, and it's common to feel stressed, anxious, or down during this stage, even if others seem happy.

You mentioned feeling like you've failed because you haven't enjoyed your teenage years as much as you'd hoped.  But realizing this and wanting to change things shows incredible strength.  It's normal to have negative thoughts, but even small changes in your mindset can make a big difference.  So I suggest you to focuson setting small, achievable goals for yourself.  and also please be kind to yourself throughout this process, change takes time, and setbacks are normal.

Finally, I noticed that you mentioned having negative thoughts, not being able to enjoy your life, feeling sad, and not having many good memories.  these sounds like you might be experiencing some symptoms that could be related to depression.so I suggest If you're comfortable talking to a parent, trusted adult, or someone you feel safe with, I think this could be a great place to find the help and support you need

Remember, you're not alone. There are people who care about you and want to help.
I hope you feel better soon 🙏🍀

moonoquq OP July 18th

Tysm blue! Your answer really help me, I’ve already told my parents and i was supposed to go to a therapist but a couple of things happen and I’m waiting for the right time because of different circumstances, I’m now taking pills that help with anxiety I’m also taking vitamins and supplements bc I started to lose some weight. And overall I’m alright I just get paranoid at times bhaha.

but thanks a lot for taking the time ♡

BlueSoul2290 July 18th

@moonoquq

I'm glad you found my answer helpful, and I'm also glad you talked to your father and that you're going to therapy.

It's great that you're taking vitamins. I also suggest that you get some daily exercise, such as walking for half an hour every day and doing some simple exercises. I read that exercise is very helpful for people with depression and anxiety. In fact, someone I know who used to suffer from general anxiety felt much better after joining a gym and starting to exercise regularly.

I hope you feel better soon and that you achieve the happy and successful life you want.🙏

Take care of yourself. :)
magnoliahua July 18th

@moonoquq

Hi, I’m sorry to hear what you are going through right now. I’m also a teenager, and there are also people that are always telling me that I don’t need to be perfect, I don’t need to listen to what others think of you or talk about you, you should just be yourself. I get all those are good advices but I just can’t do it, maybe it is just that we didn’t experience enough, or maybe should we just accept are true self? I mean, growing up is already a huge step for us, so why not just put every bad emotions aside for now (like a week or so) and see how it would be. 

moonoquq OP July 18th

Thank you for your answer magno! I agree it would be nice not stressing that much and thankfully you can control that, but sometimes it’s kinda hard to have that “i don’t care” mentality right? But i will try even more to change my perspective so I can enjoy the last years. Thanks again magno!

toughTiger6481 July 18th

@moonoquq

I think more people feel this way then you think maybe even the other teens etc that you assume are having all these amazing memories and events....

When you are comparing yourself are they  based on glowing social media posts ? or stories people tell you or are you assuming they are all having great times....? 

The fact is NO one is keeping score........ the only person who can see an invisible scoreboard are those who buying into everyone else is having fun.... some are because they are not trying so hard ... the best memories i share with others were not planned but just happened ...not because i was trying to create the moment. 

I was talking to a friend recently and they shared on every holiday/ vacation event their partner dressed up, did their hair  and had all around take fake photos......... to post about "having the BEST time ever"    "so happy... making memories" type post when in fact the vacation was a bust and whole group was ill .... but this person so afraid they had to show something great .......for their friends?  ....what sort of friend wants to be in your face i have more fun ...