Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Feeling fine for now, but for how long?

ThorsMjolnir996 July 12th, 2023

One thing I hate is when I’m out enjoying my day with friends or family, and something, even minuscule will trigger me and completely ruin either my whole day, or even just part of it. When I go manic, it’s hard to reassemble and compose myself usually afterwards. I feel, once that damage has started, I mine as well keep the damage going. I have a fight response, but sometimes I battle with the past or even myself over things I have zero control over, or can change.

MeaningfulSilence July 13th, 2023

@ThorsMjolnir996

Hi there Thors 💙

I understand it can be really difficult to have control of your emotions when you get manic. Sorry for that big challenge. Yet i would say that you can be proud of yourself that you are trying your best and reflect on it after it happens.

You said you often engage an inner fight so.. i would see with you this : think if it'd be a good idea to try challenging yourself in NOT responding as you feel the moment you sense there's something triggering you. You seem aware of triggers so.... could you maybe try to say NO to your feeling to respond in a fight mode and then take note at the end of the day how many times you won the challenge? And of course each day you got "scores" you have to reward yourself with something you like ☺️

I am aware it's not easy, i really do...but your sense of awareness and strong will to improve made me think on ways to try the best coping mechanism.

Feel free to update on how things are going.

Sending good vibes 🤗

bestVase7265 July 14th, 2023

I know that fear of the next time you go downhill or things get back. The worst part is that it ruins the present. Are there ways that you can enjoy the respite that you are having more rather than worrying about the future?@ThorsMjolnir996

July 26th, 2023

@ThorsMjolnir996 Actually, I read it as:

Feeling low for now, but for how long?

😮