Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Feeling down and out

ConcernedWife2017 February 5th

I am feeling really awful. Today was a very emotional day for me. It started off with me being down because I’m missing my dad. Still seems so unreal that he is gone. It’s been a few years now, but missing him will always be there. I got a little bit of a pick me earlier when a friend sent me a very sweet message. It made me tear up because it’s very unusual for that friend to send stuff like that.

I’m also feeling a bit down because one of my children are going through a rough time as well. Their relationship just ended. It’s for the better, trust me, but still doesn’t mean that my child isn’t going to hurt. And that makes me hurt as well.

Another issue that is bothering me today is that my husband is upset. He kind of feels like a friend of his is pushing him away and he didn’t even do anything wrong. He is really good person and will do anything for anyone. I guess by him offering his help, his whole demeanor was taken the wrong way. Kind of a bummer that someone would think my husband is up to no good when all he was doing was being a good friend.

It sucks feeling this way, but I am a very emotional person and when my family is hurting, I hurt. I’ve been in tears on and off all day. Just having a bad day all together.