Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Did dumb things

WiseDecisions October 13th, 2023

I did dumb things that I regret. At the age of 20 I sometimes acted dumber than when I was 17 or 18. What is my next step in forgiving myself and moving on?

Tinywhisper11 October 13th, 2023

@WiseDecisions at 20 really you were still a young person. Many young people rebel, experiment do things that they later regret. But really all you were doing was growing up and learning yourself. So don't be so hard on yourself sweetie ❤ gives you a giant tiny hug

WiseDecisions OP October 14th, 2023

@Tinywhisper11I am now 24 and only recently has my brain become mature. I would say your brain is fully grown at 24. My brain has obviously changed a lot around the time I turned 24, which was very recently. I see things in better perspective now and my self reflection and understanding of society has gotten better. I am now better able to understand myself, my own personality and I can put things more in perspective. I used to have negative thoughts such as believing that acquaintances or online friends were not my friends or that working from home is not work because you don't do the job in person but from your home (even though it was similar to an office job). Now I have learned to put these things into perspective and be a bit more confident.

Tinywhisper11 October 15th, 2023

@WiseDecisions yaaaay! I'm proud of you ❤❤ yep it just happens all of a sudden, and at different ages, we all mature and see the world in a different better way. I'm 22 years old maturity reached me way to early😁😁 I need to grow back down😎 your doing amazing, be proud of yourself ❤❤gives you a giant tiny hug ❤❤ always here for you ❤

courteousTree3702 October 14th, 2023

Same here.

Try the "Moving forward with Self-Forgiveness" path on this app. It's helped me a lot.

Wishing you the best in your process!

bestVase7265 October 15th, 2023

We ALWAYS have the ability to act dumb. It is never an age thing.

Sometimes you can begin to feel better by thinking about how you would react to someone who make the same mistake. You would probably forgive them eventually. You can start to do the same for you. @WiseDecisions